Sunday, July 20, 2008

Five Senses Of Summer

My roommate tagged me, and I was going to do one of those cool things where the words "my roommate" are actually a link to her blog, but I can't figure out how to do that, so I'll just tell you that you can find her blog at http://thehollyandtheivy.blogspot.com/

Here goes...List the things you love about summer for each of the five senses.

Taste:
Fresh blueberries from my backyard, Earl Grey Tea at my house and everyone else's, rain on my tongue, Moose Tracks ice cream

Touch:
Cold water swimming on my skin, breeze coming through my car windows while I drive, hugs from dirty, sweaty little kids, smooth scarves, flip-flops flopping on my feet, walking barefoot in dirt and mud, rain falling softly

Sight:
Mist covering the mountains, forests of trees, the stars at night, bright gardens, the ripples of raindrops falling in a pond

Smell:
The lovely, alive smell of the outdoors, Earl Grey tea, patchoili oil, my favorite hippie clothes store, my friend's hugs (I know that sounds strange, but she has a particular smell...), my mom's ginger and vegetable stir-fry dishes, paint

Sound:
The brook rushing behind my house, falling rain, crickets and peepers, loud music in my car with the windows down, my brother playing the guitar, conversation rumbling through the house

1 comment:

Holly said...

:) There are so many summers.